Canada offers tremendous opportunities for foreign individuals interested in doing business in the country. Each year, thousands of ambitious businesspeople choose Canada as their destination, and there is no reason why you cannot join them.
The Business Immigration Program aims to promote investment and employment in Canada by attracting individuals with the capacity to successfully establish or invest in businesses in the country.
Here are the five main categories of business visas available in Canada:1. Investors:
Individuals with business or managerial experience and a high net worth can apply for Canadian permanent residence under the Canada Business Immigration Program. This category includes the Start-up Visa Investor Program.
Requirements for Investors:
- Have a qualifying business
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of both English and French (CBL5)
- Obtain a letter of support from a designated institution (receive a minimum funding commitment of $200,000 CDN from a designated Venture Capital Organization, $75,000 from an approved Angel Investor, or Business Incubator)
- Have sufficient settlement funds
This category encourages entrepreneurs to apply for immigration to Canada as they contribute to the economy and create employment opportunities. Successful applicants can open a business in Canada and obtain permanent residence status.
Requirements for Entrepreneurs:
- Establish, purchase, or make a substantial investment in a business in Canada within two years of landing
- Actively participate in the management of the business
- Employ at least one Canadian citizen or permanent resident, excluding the entrepreneur and their dependents
3. Self-Employed Persons:
This category is for individuals who will establish or purchase a business in Canada that will make a significant contribution to the economy or cultural/artistic life of the country.
Eligibility under the Self-Employed Persons Program:
- Have relevant experience (at least 2 years of experience in the last 5 years)
- Be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
- Meet the program’s selection criteria (minimum 35 points)
- Meet medical, security, and other conditions
4. PNP Business Programs:
Various provinces and territories in Canada have their own business immigration programs to attract entrepreneurs and investors.
5. Corporate Immigration:
This category is designed for companies of all sizes that wish to expand their business to Canada and transfer their employees seamlessly across borders. We provide comprehensive services to assist with the logistics of employee transfers, ensuring a smooth transition.
If you are interested in starting or expanding your business in Canada, our professional services can guide you through the immigration process and help you achieve your goals.